http://www.galapagostravelplanner.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/seniors1.jpg 280 640 Martha Crowley http://www.galapagostravelplanner.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/logo15-300x104.png Martha Crowley2015-04-09 06:00:542015-07-15 00:46:20Galapagos Islands for older travelers
Age isn’t and shouldn’t be a factor in deciding whether to visit the Galapagos Islands or not – the islands are for everyone! If you are an older traveler however, consider the following to make your trip that little bit easier:
- If you’re thinking of taking a cruise, large-capacity ships (which carry between 32-100 passengers) are generally better at accommodating older travelers
- Larger boats tend to be more spacious, more comfortable, and have better facilities. Some also offer different “difficulty levels” for excursions, so you can choose the one that’s right for you
- Consider using companies that organize cruises solely for older passengers. These companies usually hire out a whole boat to cater just for seniors. That way, you won’t feel like you’re holding more sprightly travelers back!
- If you want a more active trip, go with a catamaran – these 16-passenger boats cater for travelers of all ages
- If you’re prone to sea-sickness, a larger ship will be more stable. Alternatively, consider taking a land-based tour, where nights are spend in hotels on one of the three main populated islands
- Avoid December to April if you don’t like very hot weather, and July-September if you don’t want cloudy skies