The Galapagos National Park rules are strictly enforced to ensure that tourism is not detrimental to the ecosystem. We all want the islands to be here in the same condition for future generations.
One of the most important rules of the national park is that a naturalist guide must be with you at all times. He or she will tell you what you can or cannot do while visiting the islands. Please obey their instructions.
The most important rules are the following:
1. Always follow the marked trail and never leave it.
2. Do not touch the animals.
3. Do not take souvenirs from the islands.
4. Do not get too close to animals.
5. Do not litter.
6. Do not smoke on the islands.
7. Do not take food to the islands.
8. Clean soles of your shoes before disembarking onto the islands. You may have carried some seeds endemic to one island and we would not want to introduce them to another.
9. Always stay together with your group.
We appreciate your understanding and participation in helping us to preserve the fragile environment in the Galapagos islands.